Sunday, February 14, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
we are just beginning to see the top of the slide on the swingset, as the snow melts down in the sun. Sadly, my girls are tiring of snow play. I still love the beauty of it all. I'd much rather have snow on the ground than just cold.  We need to learn to leave earlier for church though, as there are fewer available spots in the parking lot with huge plow drifts piled everywhichway.

I am thinking...
that I like Facebook much better than blogging.  I love READING blogs, but I never have more than a few blurbs to say worth reading. It's all been said before, and who am I to say anything with any authority?  Which makes Facebook perfect. I can say one little thing, like something cute my kids said or a question I have, and get someone to say something back.  Maybe even more than one person. Nice.  I do need to watch myself, because it can become a time drain.  I saw someone today calling it Crackbook, and it's true! Addicting.


I am thankful for...
My wonderful dh.  For helpfulness from a certain child.  A teeny dash of hope that we may move after all - possibly not something much bigger if it's around here, and a drain on dh if it's a few towns over due to a long commute, but I think we are going to have to make one sacrifice or the other (close and small, or bigger and long commute)

From the learning rooms...
Many days off this week while kids played and I recovered from shoveling
Journey North Mystery Class is underway
Much fun learning math facts on Arcademic Skill Builders

From the kitchen...same old same old, plus snow ice cream. ;-)

I am creating...
Knit squares which will hopefully, someday, be turned into a blanket.
A more decluttered home...someday I'll figure out just how many toys is "just right"

I am reading...
Feeling and Healing Your Emotions by Dr. Conrad Baars. Awesome book.  It sounds like it's some hokey new-agey feel good book, but actually it's written by a Catholic psychiatrist who believes in the power of the love of others in healing oneself (emotionally).  He references saints and talks about the will vs. emotions, etc.

I am hoping...
oh so many things!

I am hearing...
dh and Juliet making cookies! A rare treat.

A quote (in honor of Valentine's Day)...
"Is this a kissing book?"
I say this to dh when we kiss and the kids are watching.

Around the house...
Valentines!

One of my favorite things...
watching my children do nice things for each other (our Valentine's tradition - they do good deeds for their "secret valentine" and leave an anonymous valentine card in it's place)

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Grace's 7th birthday, I can't believe it!
Ash Wednesday
hopefully a few hours with friends

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Dh took this great shot of a cardinal - my favorite - in our pine tree. It's a little fuzzy because it was taken through a window, at a distance, in a blizzard. :)


For more daybooks, please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you