Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Always Before My Eyes

This morning I sat to down to breakfast after a night of disturbing dreams, and saw that next to my bowl was the crucifix that had broken off my daughter's rosary the evening before.

Knowing I needed some visual help to live well in God's eyes today, I moved the crucifix around to a place I could look at it while eating.  What a different feeling breakfast had with my eyes continually on the sacrifice of my Savior.

Because I'm nutty like this, while I was eating I imagined a way I could always keep the crucifix in my sight - I'd rig a baseball cap and have it dangle down off the brim in front of my eyes.  Other than the crazy aesthetics and odd stares I'm sure I'd get, wouldn't that be great?

I'd wake up and see Jesus crucified and know Who had my back and Who my day was devoted to.

I'd make breakfast and set the table, do laundry and know Who I was working for.

I'd speak to my children when they were naughty and have to look right through Jesus Crucified to do it. What a reminder to be gentle and also not feel sorry for myself. And don't get me started on how it would effect my "talking to obnoxious drivers of which there are too many, outloud, even though they can't hear me but my children CAN" --although having something dangling in front of my eyes might be a driving hazard. ;-)

May You be ever before my eyes today, Jesus.
Brothers and sisters:
Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us
while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. For the sake of the joy that lay before him Jesus endured the cross, despising its shame, and has taken his seat at the right of the throne of God
.-Heb 12:1-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you