Sunday, June 13, 2010

My metabolism hit 40 and I am not impressed!

My mother always said, "Just wait until you are 35, you won't be so skinny, you won't be able to eat anything you want."

Well, she was wrong.  It waited until I hit 40.  Mostly because, I believe, I spent from 30-40 having babies, nursing babies, and eating on special diets for their food allergies.  I would gain lots of weight with the pregnancies, and it would peel away with months without dairy, eggs, nuts, tomato, citrus, etc.

Now, I'm not pregnant. I'm not nursing. I'm gaining weight at light speed!

I've been following Willa's posts on healthier eating with interest.  I think it's time the rubber hit the road. At the same time, I'm trying to get a few of my children to GAIN wait.  While we all follow a non-typical diet. This will not be easy!

Maybe I can single handedly bring back the "larger is better" mentality of the past? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you