Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Because I whine too much...

...something that truly cracks me up.

I've got a blog on my Google Reader that shares local information.  Every other week or so they post some cute pictures of animals that are newly available at one of the local shelters. There is usually one "small animal" showcased, not the typical dog or cat.  For the last two weeks I've noticed that they are saying the small animal "was found as a stray."   This totally cracks me up, picturing the scenarios:   you're driving along Route 12 when suddenly, "Stop the car, Mary!  There's a guinea pig walking along the shoulder! Let's save it and bring it to the shelter!"  Or you're simply enjoying a drink on your deck when a hamster walks by and looks at you longingly.

OK, so I'm strange. I don't know why that makes me laugh. But I think it's pretty amazing that hamsters, guinea pigs, little rabbits, etc all survive long enough to be rescued by a good samaritan.

I shouldn't be too surprised though, our friends have a parakeet as a pet that they got when it flew into their yard and refused to leave!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you