Monday, December 26, 2011

Allergen free blogging (and some restaurant guides)

Now that we are going to try this gluten-free thing in earnest, I thought I would share some of the allergen-free and gluten-free recipe blogs I am finding.

Hives in the Kitchen - from a homeschooling mom in TX dealing with multiple allergies

Sarah at Amongst Lovely Things has a Gluten Free Living category. Her whole blog is lovely too. :)

Nourished and Nurtured contains many allergen free and GAPS friendly recipes

Gluten Free Cooking School : Lessons and recipes for the gluten free cook

Gluten Free Easily (kind of self explanatory)

The Gluten Free Homemaker - for gluten and dairy free recipes and tips

Flour Arrangements (love this clever title) - gluten free recipes

Gluten Free Goddess - all of her recipes since 2007 are also dairy free, and she has a vegetarian/vegan tab near the top of her blog which is helpful for those who also need to avoid eggs.

Funky Food -- Feeding Kids Allergic to Food : from her blog description: "NO: Wheat-gluten, Soy,Corn, Dairy, Casein, Lactose, Peanuts, or Eggs. PLENTY: Substitutions, Product Locations, and Advice on Living with Kids with Food Allergies"

All About Home - another homeschooling mom shares many gluten/dairy free, no refined sugar recipes

Then there is my crazy little From Thy Bounty, which showcases how I throw together a little of this and a little of that, then write it down so I don't forget which tastes went well together and which ones my family actually ate, lol.

I know there are many more out there - I'd love to hear your favorites. *Especially* gluten free sites that also are low on egg and dairy. Or gluten free vegan sites that are low on soy. Picky, aren't I. Take it up with God.

ETA: I wanted to add in here two restaurant guides I just found (for gluten-free options):

Celiachandbook.com has a Gluten Free Restaurant Guide

and there is also www.glutenfreerestaurants.org.

EATA (editing again to add):  I'm sure those of you with kids with food allergies have heard of the message boards at Kids With Food Allergies, but in case you haven't, they are a treasure trove of support and recipes.

3 comments:

  1. Catching up with my reading and email -- still gathering my thoughts for you! But now my Feedly is just full of great blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No hurry Jenn! And thank you so much for mentioning Feedly, I had never heard of it, but I'm trying it now and like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I switched to Feedly after Google Reader got rid of shared items, and I've never looked back! It's wonderful. I also switched to Firefox and regretting I hadn't done THAT sooner, either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you