Wednesday, December 28, 2011

T-5

For most people, I guess that would be a countdown to the new year. But in my mind the significance of New Year's Day is paling in comparison to Jan 2 - the start date of us going completely gluten free.   I wanted to start on January 1st, but my parents are coming over to celebrate "Christmas"for dinner, so I don't see us doing something unusual for that. I'm sure I can make it low gluten, but my parents will expect rolls or something - and they don't know we are going gluten free. No point in telling them if we are just going to drop it  a month later if it doesn't work. If it works - then I have ammunition behind my explanation of why we are so "weird" as to give up yet another food, LOL!

Why are we going gluten free? First and foremost to see if it helps my son's rheumatoid arthritis.  Secondly, my daughter also has an autoimmune disease - alopecia areata. She's willing to give this a try to get her hair to grow back.  I personally am hoping it will help with: depression and anxiety, skin issues, thinning hair, excess belly weight, fatigue, headaches, word finding problems,  and some things with the kids: ADD type behavior, anxiety, headaches, canker sores, slow growth...

I'm going to weigh and measure everyone before we start. I'm hoping *I* lose weight, and they *gain* weight. :)

Me: 5'4  140 lbs. (I know it's not awful, but I'm petite boned and it's a good 15-20 pounds heavier than where I feel healthiest)

Kids are  93, 87.5 , 43, 42.5, 33.5 lbs

I'll update with our progress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you