Monday, June 17, 2013

Deanna is in the middle of a wonderful retelling of her adoption and reunion journey over at Adoptee Restoration. 

Today's post really hit home, as it is only partially about her particular story, and largely about the feelings adoptees having growing up. Here's a little preview, but the rest is great and worthy of a read. While you are there, click back to the rest of her 8 part (so far) series/story. 

Anytime a child is expected to make their parent happy, there's going to be trouble. It is the God-given assignment of a parent to pour into their children's lives, not the other way around. Parenting isn't about what your child can do for you, it's what you can do for your child. Unfortunately in adoption the roles are sometimes reversed and the child feels responsible to fulfill the unmet needs of the parent. 

Adoption is in the forefront of my mind this week, as the family has six doctors visits for physicals and other various issues. Even though they should know my history (it's in my file) somehow it always is asked again..."what's the family medical history."  I DON'T KNOW. STOP ASKING. READ THE FREAKIN' FILE. (of course, I'm not serious, but I wish I could say that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you