Friday, January 06, 2023

A little update

First of all, I can’t believe it’s been two years since I last blogged. It feels like just a few months ago I asked people if they were still blogging and started this little hideaway subdomain off of hspmom.com.

Not sure why I stopped, but the ups and downs of chronic illness probably had something to do with it. There are weeks at a time where I can handle screens and can think of words and then weeks at at time where I just can’t. :/

I have started working on brain retraining practices after having figured out that my greatest contributor to my illness was not lyme disease, mold illness, or the assorted co-infections, but was a continually overactive nervous system. And by continually overactive I mean since birth, or before. You know, 29 years ago, LOL 😉 If you are interested, googling things like CFS School, Gupta Program, or Primal Trust will show you what I am doing. Or attempting to do, more accurately. The infections are still there, but countless people are finding that if they get the nervous system under control, the infections and sensitivities come under control as well. It can be a slow road though.

Speaking of slow roads, I walked my first mile today in I don’t know how long! At least 3.5 years that’s for sure. I love that the only way out from my house is uphill, so that the last half of my walk is all DOWNhill. When I’m tired I can kind of just let momentum take me home.

The hills feel this big but really it’s only a few feet in elevation change

In other news, I disabled my Facebook account. To be as “nutshelly” as possible while still explaining why — I have felt God nudging me to do this for a long time. The last straw was when I found a large group of people, who I knew IRL and considered friends, were actually talking about me behind my back (and in front of my face because it’s not like they hid it, they just didn’t use my name) all because I had dared to say how a hot button topic had personally affected me, and honestly, I don’t need more of that in my life. Facebook in general encourages (and practices) mind games and I no longer wish to be a part of that dance. I do have a tiny pseudonymous account because there are two groups I need to have occasional access to. But other than checking in on those, I’m off of FB. Now to conquer my Instagram account…

OK now that I’m all jacked up thinking about that again (see paragraph about my always freaked out nervous system), I’ll share something fun – I’m doing a virtual pilgrimage through The Conqueror app – I’m “walking” the Camino de Santiago by walking for real in my own life. As I add my mileage in the app, it brings me along the Camino route and I can view the landscape I’ve traveled through Google maps. At the rate I walk, I’ll be done in 2025, but that’s OK! 🙂 I am enjoying watching YouTubers that are doing the walk in real life, too — seeing the scenery in a video brings it to life in a way images in google maps cannot.



Probably the biggest change in my life is that we are no longer homeschooling! My oldest four are all in college or beyond, and my son decided to attend a local private school. We give our highschoolers the choice of school/homeschool, and I agree that this is the right choice for him, considering everything. I have been forcefully retired, LOL.

It was a good run. A very good run. And now I can think about what I want to be when I grow up. 🙂

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you