Friday, January 22, 2010

Seven Quick Takes



1. I thought it was so cool that my "security words" when posting a link about ending abortion on Facebook were "Thanks" and "provide".

2. Writing haiku lately is like trying to sqeeze blood from a stone. I believe it's miraculously possible, but it's HARD! :-P We're still the same old people we were years ago when I started, and we're still doing the same things. I feel like there are only so many ways to get 17 syllables out of talking about Teaching Textbooks, YKWIM?

3. I am ever so slowly making a dent in tackling the car-full of stuff that came into our house last week. I think I am learning that God is challenging me on all the things I spout off so easily to others - it's just stuff! Give it all away! You don't need it and other people do, so it's not a waste! The money is already spent!

Do I mean it or not? This is a good test of that.

But man, I wish it didn't hurt so much.

4. My whole family is loving the Bejeweled Blitz game on Facebook. It's a fun way to waste a minute. Or 75.

5. I'm amazed that a body that was only nursing 2x a day can be in such a hormotional mess a week after weaning. I try to remind myself that it's been almost 5 years straight since I started nursing these last two, and add another 3 years on top of that for being pg and or nursing almost continually. (I had a break between kids 1&2 and kids 3/4/5.) Hopefully it won't take as long to get back to my "new normal."

6. I was starting to knit a blanket for charity (and to help use down my stash) when I got an email from a friend about a fleece-blanket tying party for charity. Why am I knitting a blanket, which will probably take me 3 cold winters at the sluggish speed I knit, when I can just cut and tie fleece in a few hours?

But then what do I do with my yarn stash? (you yarnies probably don't want it, it's almost all cheap, off the rack, one color worsted) There isn't a ton of it, but it's taking up storage space we don't have, and isn't doing anyone any good if we are not using it.

7. Dd is making tea, and the mail man just came, so this 7-quick-takes is officially over. Tea and mail trumpr everything. :)

For more 7 Quick Takes, please visit Jen at Conversion Diary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you