Monday, June 07, 2010

Humility in Color

Otherwise known as My University Alumni Magazine Came in the Mail.

Tell me, why does reading about the successes and interesting lives of other graduates always make me feel so poorly about myself??  Between the actual articles and the class notes I'm always left feeling like I want to crawl under a rock, or at the very least apologize to God that I've wasted my intelligence, talents (huh? what talents?) and education.

I have five children. In the fall I'll be homeschooling  4 different grades including a special needs student.  I have people coming up to me and saying (as I'm sure many of you homeschooling moms do also) "I don't know how  you do it!"   That should clue me in that this is an OK accomplishment, right?  Yet I usually think what they mean by that is, "YOU ARE CRAZY and I WOULD NEVER DO THAT."   LOL

I don't even want to be rich and famous. But I want to have made a real difference in the world, or to have been good enough at something to have someone be able to write a whole paragraph about me.  I mean one that someone would want to read. ;-)

God, please don't smite me here in my living room for my humongous pride. I'm working on it!

I cannot shake the magazine induced funk off too easily, but I'm going to go hug my "heavenly treasures" and try hard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you