Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window... cool and cloudy.  I'm happy it's mostly cool now, not because I like it cold, but because I get sick of having both seasons of clothes in everyone's closets/drawers. I'm happy when I can put away one or the other and tame the clothes monster a bit.  You can't put away short sleeves/shorts when it's 50 one day and 78 the next! Well, I *could*, but the family would revolt.

I am thinking... about knots and their undoing

I am thankful for... my miraculous medal necklace (or more importantly, the Lady who sent it my way),  my patient dh, the CLAA, Seton workbooks (some, others drive me CRAZY), football shaped oreos.

I am wearing... whatever I could grab off newly clean laundry hanging bar, because Jeffrey is asleep in my bedroom where my clothes are

In the learning room...day two of our new checklists.  Happy to have a way to show dh just how much or little the kids are doing without me always being the bad guy.   I redirect the kids to the lists all day long, but the list does the talking when it's empty at the end of the day.    I also signed up Maggie for two more CLAA classes - she now has five:  Grammar I, Catechism I, Classical Arithmetic, Classical Prose, and World Chronology.   Juliet's work seems to be evening out too to a level we can both accept:  her daily work is a lesson each of Apples and Pears Spelling and Megawords, 1 day of Seton Religion 7 (writing down unknown vocab), Sonlight 5 readers and read-alouds (that she reads to herself right now) for history, 3-4 pages of Key to Fractions (and then Decimals/Percents soon), and 4 pages of reading from the Kingfisher science encyclopedia (again writing down unknown vocab).  If she is missing something, I don't want to know, LOL! Now to work on the other two students...

I am remembering... nothing. My brain seems to have shut down lately.

I am going... to play the tooth fairy again tonight.  Grace lost another tooth and now has all 4 top middle teeth missing, except for a sliver of front tooth coming in. So cute!

I am currently reading... my praeceptor class lessons.  It took me a humiliating 7 tries (and that was just today!) to pass my latest test.   I was "reading into" things that weren't there, for the most part.  Success was sweet though!   All students in the CLAA, including the praeceptors learning to teach, must get 100% on a test before being allowed to pass to the next lesson.

I am hoping... that I can get my act together and just *act* even when I'm not sure what to do. The analysis paralysis is hitting hard and it is making me crazy.

On my mind... wondering what to do in a sticky family situation.  I'm really tired of there being no good answer to anything, including this.

Noticing that... stuff multiplies even when I don't think I'm bringing more in.  I keep getting rid of more and still find it's out of control.  Except socks. They subtract.

From the kitchen... ummmm....

Around the house... a huge pile waiting for the charity truck coming soon

One of my favorite things... when I look a little sad, my 5yo is sure to tell me she loves me. She is the sweetest handful of a girl.

Visit Peggy for more daybooks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you