Wednesday, February 02, 2011

OK, I give

I got a bee in my bonnet a few weeks ago that I should be doing more for charity. So I decided to start knitting and crocheting again. "Great!" I thought, "I can do this while helping the kids with school, while watching something with dh in the evening, while waiting for swimming lessons to be over. Perfect!"

Only one thing is not perfect. I have no talent.

And by "talent" I mean any ability whatsoever to not totally screw up.

So far in the past two weeks I have knit half a mitten and frogged it because I hit a point in the directions which was just incomprehensible (even though I know how to read patterns) and I can't seem to find an easier one. I need eeeeeeeasy. After that I started a hat. THAT should be easy, I thought. It looked awful on the needle size I had and the brim was a mess. Frogged that too.

Started a crocheted set of mittens yesterday, knowing I can crochet better than I knit. Was going well (even though I HATE the look of crochet when it comes to mittens/gloves - was hoping the homeless person these were going to would be less picky). But then as I was trying to cut the yarn in the thumb, I missed. I cut not only the yarn tail in the thumb, I cut a gap into the palm. Way too much to just "fix". Idiot.


So.

I do have an afghan that is coming along OK. Knock on wood. The way things are going I have a feeling it is going to spontaneously combust.

Hopefully the prayers I've been saying while working have been the important thing. If the Lord owns the sheep on a thousand hills, surely he can keep a homeless person's hands warm without the mittens I just accidentally sawed in half.

Off to wonder just what it is I'm supposed to be doing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you