Friday, December 23, 2011

Thanking God and knocking on all kinds of wood

(this post not for the squeamish)

I was at the tail end of my hours long wrapping  torture session marathon when I heard a knock at the locked bedroom door and a little voice that sounded like it was speaking through a mouthful of something. I couldn't really make out what she was saying, it was something like...

"I threw up on my mpfhomrm."

Uh oh.  OH NO. No, not today, ugh, I can barely move, how am I going to deal with this?  OK, maybe that isn't what she said.  "What was that honey? What did you say?"

"I threw up on my mphpfhm."

Uhhhhhhh. By this point I'm nervously dragging my sorry body up off the present wrapping floor, and going to the door. I'm flushing hot and cold, my mind is racing and I'm sooooo not ready to deal with days of sick kids.  "What was that again honey? Are you OK?"   I open the door to see...

...my cute six year old enjoying a big mouthful of yummy sugar cookie, asking me:

"Are you through wrapping presents Mommy?"

Me: "Is that what you said?"  (here I'm wondering why this poor sick child is looking so happy and already eating a sugar cookie. I'm very slow on the uptake.)

Yes, that is what she was saying.

Throughwrappingpresents :: threwuponmyprmrphrh.  

Of course!

Thank God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you