Friday, February 24, 2012

Word Association, in pictures?

I thought I would pass along this survey for a study which I find interesting:

Word Association Study

It only takes a few minutes - they give you a dozen or so words and you write the first three words that come to your mind.

I realized just how visual and picture oriented I am (or have become), because I found this difficult.  The word would come up -- I'll give an example that isn't part of the study so it doesn't mess with your results -- for example, "bedspread,"  and immediately I could picture a bedspread, feel the texture of the bedspread, sense emotions tied to me being in that room with the bedspread, but finding single words that I associated with "bedspread" was like pulling teeth.   Ummmmm....warm? no, not really. Bumpy?  Eh. Bed?  Sigh...next word. LOL   One of the words  given (it was just a color name) even brought to mind a whole funny story of my mom and the preparations for my wedding.  I had to mentally tear myself away from that and focus on The Word.

Anyway, this explains a lot, I think. Of why my blogging is a little lame, LOL.

If only I could describe the fascinating swirling images in my head, I think it would work.

Off to take my happy pills now and tell the guards they can put me back in my jacket! LOL!!

Happy day, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, same! I'm afraid I'm going to be one of their outliers, because some of my associations were just plain weird. I had to cheat a couple of times and put in "no response" because the association for bicycle should not really be parrot (not a real example, but just to illustrate) but that's how my strange mind works. Random.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it and I cracked myself up with some of my first responses. This will be one interesting study!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you