Monday, January 07, 2013

Sunday Serenity

** Wherein I try to calm down, breathe deep, and just be...


A quiet day, the sun was strangely, for January, shining.


A stack of books. I think I had to somehow cosmically make up for the fact that I actually read a FICTION book this weekend.  The Secret Life of Bees.


Fear not! it says in the bible 365 times. One for each day of the year.  I guess it is OK to totally freak out on Leap Year Day then.


Driving alone is a dangerous thing for me, as I have time to think.  I was trying to undo, with just the sheer will of wanting it so badly, the many knots of my life.  One of which was needing some outside source of income to save some people I love from having to suffer something they don't want to suffer through (don't worry, we don't personally need money ... I just need more than I have, and I need it to be *mine* ... long story...).   I was talking with God about where this money would come from, and "you could write a book" became clear in my mind.  That will have to all be God's doing because I have no idea for a book and, ummm, I can't write, LOL.

Well, this "Sunday Serenity" has now become "Monday Madness," since after that last paragraph my dh came in to talk with me about things that make my head spin around, and then my kids started fighting worse than usual, which is saying something! Then I had to watch Downton Abbey. (Had to!)

Today my daughter had her Confirmation interview at church. I think I was more nervous than she was!  It lasted all of 4 minutes, and she apparently did great. :)

My children are enjoying the iPastels app on the iPad:


Really grasping at straws here and feeling anything but serene...so I will say goodbye.  Praying for all my dear readers.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    I thought of you today when I was reading LOTR to my kids, and I realized that you remind me of Eowyn. I really am not sure why, but I think it has to do with your sheer courage and transparency. I hope things smooth out for you as I assume they did for her. Praying for you too, and thanks for the prayers, they are needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy, I hope you feel better soon. I was thinking about this post yesterday and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! My life blew up a little bit more after posting this post, so I really appreciate the prayers!

    And being compared to Eowyn makes my day, even though I find her a little scary and creepy, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you