Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 Doing my first "Sunday Stealing" post where the questions are taken from all over the internet.  Enjoy!


1. when did you last sing to yourself
Probably this morning, but I don't typically sing out loud.

2. if you’re male, would you ever rock black nail polish? if you’re female, would you ever rock really really short hair?
I once had an accidental very short haircut - accidental in that I asked for a trim and the hair dresser gave me a pixie cut.  Granted, it was 8th grade, but that was the worst. I looked awful.  No wait, twice -- I had the same thing happen when I was 9 months pregnant and I think it made me so mad I went into labor that night, LOL.  So NO NO NO, no short hair cuts for me.

3. what is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
Raising my five children.  If it has to be something I "accomplished" then I'd say homeschooling my dyslexic/adhd daughter and helping her get into college where she was very successful.   

4. what is the first happy memory that comes to mind, recent or otherwise?
 Laughing with the family over dinner some time during this school break.

5. if you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living?
    I would make more of an effort to travel.  But it is too hard for me now, and not good for me to push myself so much -- I would only do it if my ultimate health wouldn't matter. 

6. do you have a bucket list? if so, what are the top three things?   
I don't really have a bucket list but some day I would like to spend the winter at the beach.

7. how do you feel about tattoos and piercings? 
I think they are ok in moderation.  I have real trouble with those earrings that stretch your earlobes out though, they gross me out.

8. do you feel you had a happy childhood?
  I had happy moments, and anyone who knew me would have *said* I was happy, but honestly I was a really stressed out little kid.

8. when did you last cry in front of another person?
This morning, but only a little teary, not a full on cry.

9. who in the world would you most like to receive a letter from and what would you want it to say?
There are a few sincere apology letters I'd like to receive.

10. what is your night time routine?
Brush teeth, go to the bathroom, get in bed, get out of bed, go to the bathroom, get back in bed, get out of bed, go to the bathroom...LOL

11. when was your last 3am conversation with someone, and who were they to you?
I'm pretty sure it was my oldest who wasn't feeling well.  I think the last thousand 3 AM conversations were the same idea - a kid who needed me.

12. if you were about to die, and you could only say one more sentence to one person, what would you say and to whom?
To my husband - I love you!

13. what is your opinion on brown eyes?
 I like all eye colors but my husband and several of my children have brown, so I particularly like those particular eyes.  

14. pick a quote and describe what it means to you personally.
 Exodus 14:14 "The LORD will fight for you, you need only to be still" got me through some rather tough times a few years ago.  It reminded me to wait on the Lord and His justice.

15. what would you title the autobiography of your life so far?
I've always like the line of the Chris Rice song "Lemonade"  -- Life Gave Me Lemonade


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is! Even when my life forces me to be still, it is difficult. But I'm slowly learning the beauty of it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Amy :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments lately! I have brown eyes, so I like brown :) I laughed at your bedtime routine. The getting out of bed, going to the bathroom, etc. That's me, for sure. On tattoos, I've learned that they don't change the heart of the person. What I can't get past are the piercings. Especially on waiters or waitresses. And the ear things are hard to look at. But again...doesn't change the heart.
    I am looking forward to catching up on some of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accidentally replied to you below instead of using the reply function! In case you are getting these by email I'll copy/paste what I said here - "Glad I'm not the only one who can't settle down to sleep without several bathroom trips - sorry you have to go through that too though! :) I agree with the tattoos/piercings not necessarily being an outward reflection of the heart, it's totally just a preference on my part."

      Delete
  3. Glad I'm not the only one who can't settle down to sleep without several bathroom trips - sorry you have to go through that too though! :) I agree with the tattoos/piercings not necessarily being an outward reflection of the heart, it's totally just a preference on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog and joining us in Sunday Stealing! I hope you enjoy it, we have a nice little group of players. I too would like to have traveled more and now don't feel healthy enough to consider it. Something I missed out on, alas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting here! I've been enjoying Sunday Stealing but am behind on visiting - I need to catch up today! I'm sorry you too have missed out on travelling you could have done earlier.

      Delete
  5. A very interesting set of questions. I'd have to think a while on several of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! It was fun to answer them. I perhaps didn't think long enough, LOL.

      Delete
  6. I understood the night time routine as the things you do before ging to bed.
    The in-and-out routine is known from me. Even at the campside I have to go, and people are so used to it now that they either won't wake up or turn around and sleep on. LOL!

    I have stopped expecting or wanting apologies. It makes life a lot easier. Maybe it's a kind of forgiving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Amy, the post author, I can't seem to log in but wanted to reply to you! My in and out of bed routine is both before bed multiple times and through the night. Guess my body can't settle down if there is even the inkling that I have to go to the bathroom! LOL Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you