Saturday, January 28, 2023

Share 4 Somethings - January 2023

I'm linking up with Jennifer at Overflowing with Thankfulness for Share 4 Somethings Saturday!

 

The prompts are: Something I Loved, Something I Read, Something I Learned, and Something I Ate --in January.

Something I loved:

I have loved -

  • Meeting so many nice new bloggers this month - I had thought blogging was dead and I was so happy to see it wasn't!
  • having a houseful again with my kids home from college for most of the month
  • Watching Battlebots with dh
  • Finding a collection of funny things the kids said long ago when I merged blogs last week.
  • That the weather has been just perfect here to be the winter coat and sandals wearing woman that I really am, LOL.


Something I Read:

I have read through a few books and audiobooks this January and I would say my favorites were:  All the Devils Are Here by Louise Penny, Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt, and Frontier Follies by Ree Drummond.




Something I learned:

I have been learning a lot about nervous system retraining this month and one interesting thing I read was that too much multitasking can signal to your nervous system that you are not safe and you need to stay on high alert. As a perpetual multitasker (AND someone who is always hypervigilant and needs to learn to just chill) I think I have my work cut out for me here! :) 

Something I ate:

The only food picture I can find from January was of a sandwich I was blogging about making. :)  The sandwich itself was not all that, however.  It's not exactly something we ate, but something we drank:  My sister-in-law sent us a tea making kit for Christmas with all sorts of teas and edible dried flowers to mix together. Fun and interesting - I guess this could be filed under "something I learned" as well - I learned to mix things together to make loose tea. 


Well that is it for my four (plus) somethings for January! Thank you for reading and please link up at Overflowing with Thankfulness if you want to join! 

Have a wonderful weekend!






16 comments:

  1. Hope you are enjoying your kids while they are home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! Or rather, I did - the last two went back today.

      Delete
  2. I read the first 15 books in the series and didn't realize there was another. I'll have to get it out of the library.
    Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize I had started with the last book in the series until I was reading reviews on Goodreads! I'm planning on starting from the beginning now. :)

      Delete
  3. The tea making kit looks incredible, Amy. Does the kit mention a company name and/or website? That would be a great gift for my daughter-in-law's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the kit - I'm not sure if they bought it here but it looks just like it: https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/green-herbal-tea-kit They also bought us the Gourmet Oil Bread Dipping Kit if that sounds interesting to you :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. Just today when I was out I saw three people wearing sandals and winter coats. They looked very cold to me with my two pair of socks and full shoes. Do you feet get cold on these winter days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accidentally replied to you below instead of in a reply, sorry! In case you are getting these by email I'll copy/paste - "I can handle about 40 degrees if I'm walking - I guess it keeps my blood pumping. But no colder, and not if I am just standing around. I never used to be like this though, my feet were always cold! It's only been the last 5 years or so."

      Delete
  5. I can handle about 40 degrees if I'm walking - I guess it keeps my blood pumping. But no colder, and not if I am just standing around. I never used to be like this though, my feet were always cold! It's only been the last 5 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do miss my sandals so much in the winter and am happy when we get those random days that are warm enough to break them out of storage (which is really rare here in CT). But I am loving that we've hardly had any snow and lots of time and decent weather for hiking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine in CT it is colder! I grew up in NJ and wasn't wearing sandals in the winter. :) I'm not too far from there now but we are not far from the Chesapeake Bay which I think brings us a pocket of warmness that even people 20 miles west of here aren't feeling. Glad you are enjoying your warmer winter this year!

      Delete
  7. That tea making set looks like fun. I usually use tea bags but I think the tea would be really tasty seeped like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun! We usually use bags too so this is new to us.

      Delete
  8. LOL, sandels with a winter coat, I would freeze!! I hope you enjoyed the time with your family, my daughter was home from college as well, it is always great to have her here. I do a lot of reading as well but have not read any of the ones you mentioned. Stopping by from Share Four Somethings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I'm glad you were able to spend time with your daughter! I think the weight I have gained over the last decade has somehow insulated me, LOL. I used to be cold all the time and now I am forever hot. :)

      Delete
  9. Great post, new here, might join in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you