Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Tuesday 4 - Home Sweet Home

 


 Welcome once again to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4

where we hope you will stretch your mind, your imagination and your friendships online by sharing a bit of yourself with others.

This week the subject is Your Home .

1. What kind of home do you have and does it need repair or improvements this year?

We have a single family home and it always needs *something* fixed but at least right now most of it is cosmetic...a shade fell down and needs to be replaced, the windows could use replacement, and we need to replace the carpet in the basement.

2. How do you accessorize your home inside and out?    Plants, art, books, wall hangings, maybe music in the background?

We've been here 4.5 years but I have been sick for most of those so decorating kind of fell by the wayside.  We do have books (less than I'd like after giving most of them away) but need more wall decorations, definitely.  I'm happy we finally have furniture in every room though! :)

3. What objects reside on your coffee table? Night stand? Side tables? Kitchen/Dining table?    

With five kids the common areas usually  have books left around, mail,  and various bits and pieces of whatever birthday had recently been celebrated or semester that is about to begin or end.  My room has way too many supplements, water bottles, books, more books, and more pills, LOL.

4.  Do you like your kitchen organized and with counters cleared off or do you prefer to have  the things you use often out on counters?     Do you mind  what some might see as clutter or do you hate having to dig out tools and appliances  when it comes time to use them?and prefer to have them within easy reach?

I like a little of both, but I do like tools and pots and pans put away.  Most small appliances get left out if there is room. Things that get used multiple times a day stay out and within easy reach like salt and pepper shakers, Vitamin C, etc.   If I lived alone though I have a feeling everything would get left out all the time. *blush*

Well, this was my first time joining, and it was fun!  

Join in Tuesday 4 HERE and thank you for hosting, Annie!

16 comments:

  1. My children are grown and have homes of their own, yet I still have lots of books, and books, and books! :) So glad you joined Tuesday 4, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do hope to have the books around for a long, long time :)

      Delete
  2. I have so many books, I would love a library to accommodate them all. It is nice when I find others who are passionate about their books too. Thank you for sharing your home with us. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I would love a library's worth of books too. :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome!!
    Now I'm not the last to join anymore. LOL!
    I'm a mom of 6, so you brought back some memories. Drawings on the fridge, projects on the table...
    Thanks for sharing Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet another "large family" mom, I feel like we're rare these days. Happy to help you not be the last to join, LOL!

      Delete
  4. My house is the same way on #1. There is always something I would like done. The life of a homeowner. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It's always something, isn't it. Hope you have a nice week too!

      Delete
  5. You are right, there is always something that needs to be done. There are times that I don't feel like doing things too. I admire your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be honest without scaring people, LOL. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Home projects never seem to be complete and having a full house means the home is generally well lived in. That's what houses are for, right? I know too that being sick makes projects and general upkeep that much more of a chore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my husband is taking the brunt of it and I'd rather spend time with him then never see him if he's busy fixing everything, so it's a fine line. But I'm thankful for our well lived in house, that's for sure! :) Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  7. Hello! So nice to meet you! I am happy to be your newest follower. And having a home does indeed mean one is never really done! Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay my one and only follower, LOL! Thank you so much! I was sad to have to start over followers wise when I merged my blogs into a new space, but very thankful you clicked that button! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. I am sorry you have been sick...thank you for inviting us into your home...yes, when kids are around there's always something random everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you - it has been mild as these things go, thank God. I'm so happy to have the kids home from college, I hardly notice the *stuff*. :) Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you