Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Wednesday Weirdness

a recent pretty sunrise


I heard someone say "the turn of the century" like it was ancient history and I was thinking, "Oh, around 1900" but no, they meant 2000 and now I feel super old.

***************************

A few days ago I woke up and was sure it was some time around 6 AM - I'm almost positive I remember looking at my phone and the time.  It looked super, super dark out though, which I thought was odd.

I went downstairs to fix my coffee and breakfast. The dishwasher was flashing 2:30 like it always does when a cycle is done.  But then I looked at the clock on the microwave and the oven and THEY both said 2:30 too!  Huh?  What was going on? Was it 2:30? Did we have a power outage? But when that happens I thought they would flash, and other things would be flashing too.  Why is everything matching? Is this the Twilight Zone? Do I just need  coffee? And typically I don't sleep through our house alarm going off (which happens when we have a power outage.  Could it really be 2:30 in the morning?  Then why do I feel rested(ish) and feel so hungry? It's got to be 6 AM. But why is it so blastedly dark out?  It was very surreal.  My phone was upstairs and there are no other clocks on the first floor, so I couldn't easily check what time it actually was.

I decided no matter what time it was, I was wide awake and hungry, so I was going to make myself breakfast.  Turns out it WAS six something in the morning, and there WAS a power outage that I slept through, and my husband took care of all the things that beep, etc, except for setting those two clocks.  I had just happened to look at them when it had been 2 hours and 30 minutes since the power outage.  And it was so dark out because it was super cloudy, and I also underestimated how late the sun is rising still. (Boo hiss)

****************

We have a family of stuffed bears that sometimes have grand adventures around our house. This is some of them dressed like they are coming off the frozen tundra and meeting the others sunbathing.



I may not be able to have fun outside the house, but I make sure I have fun inside the house! Coming upon a surprise new random stuffed animal setup makes all of us smile. :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you