Sunday, January 01, 2012

Menu-Post-non-Plan-Recap

OK, that is a really awkward title.  Please help me come up with something catchy to call my posts which won't be a menu plan (because I don't really plan the details, and if I *do* I wind up never following it exactly) but more of a "what we ate last week" recap.   I'm low on brain cells after too much Christmas Sugar and a gluten binge to help rid the house of it before January 1.

I want to keep track mostly to help me remember, but I know it helps others to see menu plans sometimes.  Since most menu-plans contain a ton of stuff we can't eat, I thought I would contribute our gluten/dairy/egg/peanut free (low soy) meals.  That would NOT be this week, as we totally pigged out on all the gluten in the house this week.  It was hiding everywhere and I wanted it gone.

So here is what we ate last week.

Christmas Day:

  • breakfast - pancakes, sausage
  • lunch - who knows.  The kids wanted to get right to the present opening after Mass.  I think there were some lunchmeat rollups, fruit, avacado, leftover soup?  I personally ate cookies, lol. (and 1/2 florida avocado w/ salt and pepper, yum)
  • dinner: balsamic vinegar/brown sugar pork roast (I used honey because didn't check the recipe, lol), baked potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, green beans
  • snacks: way too many cookies, chips, etc.  Like I said, it's Christmas and I'm trying to rid the house of gluten.
Monday:
  • breakfast:  leftover pancakes, sausage. Some kids skipped breakfast and had an early lunch.
  • lunch:  fruit (I splurged on raspberries/blackberries this week. SO expensive! Next year I'm planting a bush), crackers with sunbutter, lunchmeat on a pancake (YUCK but my dd made it for herself and her brother...they ate it)
  • dinner:  asian pork lettuce wraps (I used the leftover pork from Christmas instead of the chicken in the recipe)
  • snacks: more cookies, more pringles, more candy. Ugh. Hoping this is over soon.  I'm hoping to feel nasty enough that I actually ENJOY and feel GOOD about going gluten free.
Tuesday
  • breakfast: cereal
  • lunch: sandwiches, used up last of the bread, leftovers
  • dinner: crock pot whole chicken, leftover baked potatoes/sweet potatoes, salad (really just lettuce, lol)
  • snacks: potato chips, cookies, using up that wheat flour!, assorted fruit
Wednesday
  • breakfast: gluten free cereal and milk/rice milk
  • lunch: dh took me out!  lunch buffet at local italian restaurant
  • dinner: hot dogs, beans, cranberry sauce (dh and I weren't hungry) :)
  • snacks: ??
Thursday

  • breakfast: applesauce muffins
  • lunch:  applewood farms lunch meat, and stuff I can't remember :-p
  • dinner: chicken soup with carrots, celery, and pasta stars
  • snacks: blackberries, chips and salsa, chocolate milk
Friday
  • breakfast - cereal
  • lunch - bread, lunch meat, blackberries, avocado
  • dinner - leftover soup  (I usually make a ton)
  • snacks - blackberries, tea crackers, tea, (I snuck oreos and goldfish!), "trail mix" (cheerios, chocolate chips, raisins, mini marshmallows)
Saturday
  • breakfast - cereal
  • lunch - leftover soup, lunch meat roll ups, strawberries, saltines
  • dinner - Trader Joe's corn pasta (it was GOOD, very much like wheat pasta), ground beef mixed with tomato sauce to top it, steamed cauliflower as a side
  • snacks - trail mix, hmmm, can't remember...I wasn't feeling too well and this week was kind of a free-for-all :)
I hope to have a nice GLUTEN FREE menu for you all next week. (Except for Sunday...still working on that "ridding the house" thing)


    2 comments:

    1. This is a good idea! I'm the same way about menu plans. Maybe if I can get everybody wellish again, I'll have time to post my "what we ate" list, too!

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is good to see, although I know what we ate this week was so untypical, too. Traveling and Christmas visiting meant a lot of "to go" meals and eating out.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you