Saturday, January 28, 2012

Menu Recap Week 4

Sunday:

  • breakfast: Trader Joe's GF waffles, maple syrup, sausage
  • lunch:  corn torillas with refried beans sanwiched between (lightly fried in olive oil), carrot shreds, black olives
  • dinner: leftover pork roast was shredded and cooked in the sauce that was served over the pork (balsamic vinegar/soy sauce/brown sugar and today I added more honey because it was too sour last night), served on rice cooked in the pork broth saved from the crock pot yesterday (sound gross but was good), with shredded carrots and cabbage (I just threw these in when the rice was almost done and they steamed nicely.   Dh liked this one. :)
  • snacks:  airheads, apples, bananas


Monday:  guess we got busy because I'm writing this on Wednesday and I have NO IDEA.  I know dinner was corn pasta/canned corn/canned black beans/bacon/salsa tossed together.  Cheese on top for those that can.

Tuesday: same memory loss thing goin' on, lol. Dinner was green beans and a whole chicken in the crock pot.

Wednesday:


  • breakfast: cereal, avocado, bananas - not mixed together :)
  • lunch: some leftover chicken, more avocado - lunch was picked at because we at a lot in the car coming home from Jeffrey's eye doctor visit (no inflammation in his eyes, yay!)
  • dinner: soup - broth made from yesterday's chicken bones, diced cooked chicken,  quinoa, frozen mixed vegetables, diced potatoes, some shredded cabbage, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, and two drops of hot sauce. :)
  • snacks:  trail mix - we got an order of dried fruits from amazon so this trail mix finally had some variety: Kix cereal, rice chex, honey nut chex, chocolate chips, almonds, dried cherries, dried cranberries.  Kinda high on the sugar, I know.



Thursday:

  • breakfast: TJ's gluten free waffles with maple syrup and/or chocolate sauce,
  • lunch: leftover soup, rice crackers, tea, one child had apples and another almonds
  • dinner: franks and beans, some vegetable that I can't remember!

OK, I give. I can't keep up with this.  Too busy living and composing (and forgetting) real blog posts in my head to remember what we are eating every day.

We did have salmon salad sandwiches and a yucky rutabaga/carrot/apple salad thing for dinner on Friday ...then stir fry broccoli /carrots/jasmine rice/beef on Saturday. I remember nothing else except too many chocolate chips. :)

I think I will take a break from menu recapping, but come back to it at some point in the future. Maybe when I come up with something that won't put you all to sleep. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya ;) Not the best at keeping up my blogs anymore, but we're still hanging in there! Still staying gf here!

    Yay, no inflammation in the eyes is good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you