Monday, January 16, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket

 FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
it is crisp and blue and cold.  My favorite kind of January weather

I am thinking... 
about shopping, and reading, and cooking, and wishing it was all a little less complex

I am thankful... 
for calculators, and for the fact that in this day and age my dd can show how smart she is with accommodations like these

In the kitchen... 
so much gluten free flour I can't find space for it on the shelves, and a huge bag of kale I'm not sure what to do with . And thankful for these things as well.

 I am wearing... 
navy t-shirt, deep sky blue sweater, black sweatpants (it's a 'home' day)

 I am creating... 
seven healthy bodies. No, I'm not pregnant with septuplets, I'm just hoping all the diet changes I'm forcing encouraging will help my kids and dh (and me)

 I am going... 
to many doctor/dentist appointments in the next few weeks

 I am wondering... 
if going gluten free will be enough to help Jeffrey's arthritis, and whether he should give up other things or even go paleo. He can eat eggs/dairy/nuts so he's one of 2 kids in the family I feel I could do this for.  Unfortunately cooking eggs out in the open makes two others feel ill.  It's never easy around here.

 I am reading... 

I am hoping...
heh, just read this blog, it spills out all over every post

 I am looking forward to...
some treats in the mail - a statue of "Mary Undoer of Knots" and a vitamix(!)

 We are learning ...
to get back into the swing of things after too much time off. Hoping to create some good learning habits and explore new ideas like freewriting and more art.

 Around the house...
the Christmas stuff is put away,except for one lone wreath hanging from a window outside...I need to climb up on a top bunk to get it. Doing that next!

 I am pondering...
I am pondering how this question is different from the "I am wondering" above, lol.

 A favorite quote for today...
“Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.” 

 One of my favorite things...
watching a show on Netflix with dh. We are about to finish "Jericho" and need another series. :)

 A few plans for the rest of the week:
rheumatologist for Jeffrey, meeting about high school classes at a co-op I'm not sure I want to drive to every week.  Both in the same day, both 1+ hours from here in the same direction, but so far apart in time I have to come home in between. :-P

 A peek into my day...

I wanted a scarf to dress up a very plain long sleeve t-shirt I was wearing, so I cut a strip off this old homemade ring sling:
Since I made it myself I never could have given it away or sold it for fear someone would get hurt with it, and we are way past baby carrying days here. It was just long enough to cut a scissors-wide strip off of and make this:
Keepin' it real with the mirror smudges.  This picture also makes me look thinner than I am, lol.



For more daybooks, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the scarf and I love the real, and you sure do look *slender* to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked reading this. I am sorry to hear about your son's arthritis...I will pray for him. My husband's godson has the same condition and they are trying gluten-free, so you are not alone and don't deserve any eye-rolling!

    I am not a novena person, but one time when we were bearing a cross of very heavy weight, I prayed that novena and dear Mary did indeed undo some crazy knots. Prayers, Amy. I enjoy my visits here...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you