Monday, February 20, 2012

Why I blog...

From Bram Stoker's Dracula (*thank you* Jennifer!!!)

Great God! Merciful God, let me be calm, for out of that way lies madness indeed. I begin to get new lights on certain things which have puzzled me. Up to now I never quite knew what Shakespeare meant when he made Hamlet say, "My tablets! Quick, my tablets! 'tis meet that I put it down," etc., For now, feeling as though my own brain were unhinged or as if the shock had come which must end in its undoing, I turn to my diary for repose. The habit of entering accurately must help to soothe me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! Are you enjoying it? I didn't expect to love it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it so far, Jennifer! Very readable (I'm hoping my kindle edition is not abridged, as some are saying in the comments some editions have been made "easier") -- I'm only 10% through though. It's fascinating and interesting to compare it in my mind to more modern vampire stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you