Thursday, February 09, 2012

Works For Me Thursday



...because it 'works for me' to be a day late and a dollar short!

I've been meaning to share this little tidbit for awhile, but haven't found the right place for it. No time like the present, I suppose?

{Hmmm, do you think I could pack any more tired cliches in my first few sentences? :-P }

I have always had finicky, sensitive skin.  Everything from eczema to breakouts to skin that seems to be dry and oily at the same time.  Scents and too many ingredients also bother me. So when I stumble upon something that works for me, I am very excited.

Here's my tip:  I wash my face (with Dove, use whatever works for you) in the shower every morning, and then towel dry very lightly so that my face is still damp.  Then all I use is jojoba oil.  Stick my nice clean finger into this bottle and smear it on my face.  The bottle looks expensive, but you use so little each time when your skin is a bit damp.  I've been doing this for months, and I've maybe used an ounce of the 4 oz bottle?  It looks a little oily at first, but it does soak in after a few minutes, especially if I've left just the right amount of dampness and rubbed it in well.

My skin has never looked better. And the rest of me is a hormonal  and allergenic nightmare, so it can't just be that I've finally changed to have naturally good skin!  I particularly appreciate that the jojoba oil is just that - jojoba oil. No preservatives, no dyes/perfumes/fillers to irritate me.

Perhaps this wouldn't have worked on my teenage skin, but as a 40-something mom who is still prone to sensitive skin and break outs, it is just right.

Join me in a few days for Seven Quick Takes Monday! LOL




5 comments:

  1. Good to know! I've had good luck with olive oil but it's a little fragrant, you know?

    Not the right post, but I'm sorry your gluten experiment didn't work. I'll be interested to see if you encounter any reactions if you reintroduce it. It seems gluten is the root of all evil lately but I know I'd never be able to give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, if I used olive oil my Italian husband would never leave me alone. ;-) Seriously though, we use a "light" olive oil for cooking that has very little fragrance. I chose jojoba when I read that it is the closest oil to human skin oils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, thank you for the tip! My mother has been using paw paw cream and says it is miracle stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that Sarah - something new to look up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been doing exactly the same thing with coconut oil (a non-smelly one) but if I can find jojoba oil I will do that.

    Pam

    Glad you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you