Sunday, March 31, 2013

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Thanking God for:
~Easter!  It's hard to top that this week.  For giving His Son for us. And that Lent is over. :)
~my dh's smile. Brightens my every day.
~That no one had a fit this morning even though half their Easter toys broke within a few minutes (thanks a lot, Dollar Tree! LOL)
~ For the lady from chuch who stopped me in the supermarket to say hi and tell me what a beautiful family I had.  Actually, for all the people at the supermarket that morning...it was like the twilight zone, everyone was SO NICE and helpful.
 Reading:
Lesson plans, lesson plans, lesson plans. More on that later. 

Pondering:
Being more scheduled.  Along with the relaxed learning came relaxed everything else. :-P  I should like it, but instead it drives me crazy. Especially how it almost forces the kids to always be asking for things, because they don't know what is coming up next. "Can I have this? Can I do that?"  x5 all day long.  Two kids eating a snack then the rest of them trickling in asking for snack for the next hour.  Times several meals times 5 kids... all day long. I think I'm done.  It will be harder with two distinct age groups - maturity wise I have two teens, who I think should not be held as strictly to a schedule as the younger crew, and 3 "littles" -- but hopefully we'll work something out.   
Praying:
For my neighbor who recently lost her husband only several days after being diagnosed with cancer.
For our parish that is going through some troubles.

Learning: We signed everyone but the rising kindergartener up for Seton. (!)  Not what I ever thought I would be doing when I first fell in love with a more literature rich approach.  But box day is still box day, and getting boxes of new books last week was still exciting!  Now I'm comb binding all the lesson plans (because I hate three ring binders, lol) and trying to figure out how to make it all work.  If someone would have told me 5 years ago that we would still be living in this house and all doing Seton, I would have said they were crazy. (And then cried, LOL!) But I feel strangely at peace, about school at least.
Creating:
 Another shawl/lap blanket for our church's Prayer Shawl ministry.  Mindless and about as intricate as I can accomplish right now.  Single crochet there and back, there and back...
Waiting For:
Sunshine. Seriously, where is it??? It's been a looooooooooong winter. 
Wearing:
3/4 sleeve T-shirt, yoga pants, sweater. I couldn't stand the sheath dress/boots/spanx any longer. ;-) 
Listening:
I've spent the last 18 years listening to alternative rock (my dh's favorite) then almost exclusively Christian and/or classical music, because I always had "little ears" listening in, in the house or car. I liked it, but it wasn't my heart, my soul.   My dh bought me all 10 Led Zeppelin discs for my recent birthday.  Now I'm listening to it every waking moment. Really, because even when it's not on, or I'm listening to *other* music, I've got a LZ tune in my head. It's surreal.    
Captured:
DD's doll "Julia" in a homemade paper snowstorm. Photo by Jane. Cleanup by Jane. All 2,574 pieces of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you