Monday, April 29, 2013

Some sort of random remembrance

'cause I can't seem to figure out how to fit into someone else's mold...

Thankful:
~for a great year of roller dancing/skating for the kids. This was our first year all five kids did it, and last weekend was the year end shows.  They did great, and today we are happy to have nothing on the schedule so we can rest.
~great kids who held up well this weekend, considering the busy-ness and stress and one with a cold
~for my awesome dh who is so patient with me
~for Jesus in the Eucharist and my dd who will partake of the Feast for the first time soon.

Pondering:
~this documentary
~how I can maximize gardening potential on our half shady .18 acre lot, while still leaving space for kids to play. They don't go out *enough* - I can't take away their only running space.
~why I have such bad anxiety attacks on Sunday mornings, and what I can do about it
~why once I mentioned I wanted to write about giftedness, all the ideas about it left my head
~why I am so sensitive to the kids talking to me lately. The constant interruption of my thoughts is really getting to me, and it shouldn't
~how to best deal with some longstanding inter-child struggles
~how to change my love language, 'cause this one isn't working for me, lol

Learning:
~Sky finished Seton 7 last week, WOO HOO! She is relieved.  Rose is half finishing up 9th grade and half moving on to the 10th grade stuff Seton helped work up for us.  Hopefully in a week or two we can just dive right in to the new stuff whole heartedly. And my youngest will be in KINDERGARTEN!! How did this happen?

Reading:
~I'm leaping into this decade and finally reading the Hunger Games trilogy. I just watched the first movie on Netflix too. Now I am certainly no literary critic, but I expected more. I liked it in an "easy, candy" kind of way. Granted, I'm only a third into the second book, so things may change...but I guess I expected more from such an acclaimed dystopian series.

Researching:
~what the next step up is in roller skates, and proper wheel care. I'm thinking at this point that quality equipment might be worth the price for better performance
~gardening, container gardening for berries, and the potential of cutting into our backyard hill to make a sort of terrace for some mini fruit trees. Our small backyard is flat for a bit then goes down a hill precipitously. Our property line ends in the middle of the hill, but behind us is county land (trees).  The hill area would be a little shady, but maybe we can make it work.

Plans: 
~This post recital week will be spent cleaning and organizing!  I wish I could figure out how to truly organize instead of just pile shifting. Things just don't have a home (or a good home) and I'm not sure how to fix that.  Moving was supposed to fix that...so much for that! I have to fix it *here*.
~That being said, it's only 9:30 on the first day of our "rest week" and I'm already irritated at the lack of structure.  Maybe I should rethink this.

Funny kid line from the week: 
After a long silence in the car..."Mommy, those people who paint the orange lines in the middle of the road must be really tired!!"


((and just because I have to do this in order to do something on Bloglovin' .... this: Follow my blog with Bloglovin))

1 comment:

  1. I didn't love the Hunger Games. I only made it through book 1 and barely started the movie. Not my thing!
    I love the roller dancing/skating! I watched that clip - so much fun.
    Curious about Seton - I consider it every April. We might look at it for high school. Happy Monday, Amy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you