Thursday, January 26, 2023

Thankful Thursday

 Things I'm thankful for today...

  • new blogging friends and followers
  • people who read blogs without a lot of pictures, because adding a lot of photos is just one too many things most days
  • my wonderful husband and kids (of course this should be first) :)
  • what I am learning about nervous system health - like about multi-tasking (as I am doing now, *sigh*) and how it signals to my body I'm not safe. One thing at a time, Amy! (goes and turns off the podcast I was half listening to)
  • Drive up book-hold-pickup at the local library!


  • Jo has arrived home safe from Italy!
  • Amy Jr. had a safe time at the March for Life (and the multi-hour bus trip to/from)
  • people who understand my mind isn't what it once was and are patient with my inarticulate attempts at conversation and compassion, and know my heart is in the right place
  • God leading me to several scriptures this week (basically by opening my bible in the right place) that show he is gently guiding me to stiller waters, and reminding me that I might need to "wait on Him" in order to get there (I. am. so. impatient!)
this is from Isaiah 40


10 comments:

  1. Thank You for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment.
    I will enjoy reading your blog and adding it to my blog list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy your blog! It is new to me. Thank you so much for stopping by and reading here!

      Delete
  2. That is a good verse to focus on. I find it hard to multitask too. I know I once could do a lot for others, now I have to focus on my health. It is okay to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reached a point where I *had* to care for myself...it is hard to break those habits of pushing past a healthy point to do for others though! At least for me. :) Or at least hard to break from the guilt. Thanks for your comment Susan!

      Delete
  3. Thankful for new Blog friends too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing we can meet people from all over the world like this! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your visit to my blog. How lovely to have a drive through pick up at your library. Nothing like that here in the UK well I don't think so anyway. However I actually like being able to walk to our library as it's only 10 minutes away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I think they are pretty rare here too, but luckily one is at our closest library. :)

      Delete
  5. Interesting information about multi-tasking. I never knew that it is bad for one's nervous health. I think women do multi-task a lot and though I've cut down I'm still guilty of it. I'm glad your daughter has returned safely from Italy and another daughter had a safe in country journey. It's so nice when we feel the Lord leading us gently onward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew it either about multi-tasking! I do it all the time, too. Trying to cut back but it's such a habit.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you